VOXs communication event begins today at MSC
VOX: Students for Choice at Marshall University will host its first event of the semester to encourage open communication between students.
VOX will set up in the Memorial Student Center Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
VOX will ask thought provoking questions and give gifts to whoever participates.
VOX will have a large sheet of paper for students to write down answers to the questions and will have informational material about the importance of honest communication.
The group wants to reach as many people as possible and educate them on the best methods of communicating in relationships.
VOX organizes events to educate people on campus about sexual health and raises public awareness about reproductive rights.
Jordan Bean, VOX president, said she believes honest communication is the only way to have a healthy relationship of any kind, whether it be romantic or platonic.
We want to educate students about the importance of being truthful about how they feel in all scenarios, Bean said.
Bean said she believes student attendance is necessary because nothing is more important than communication.
It is critical to maintaining relationships of all kinds, and being a strong communicator can do nothing but benefit you, Bean said.
Josh Meredith, VOX secretary and treasurer, said knowing how to communicate is necessary for standing up for rights or having a voice.
We will be asking some questions about students day, what was the highlight of your day? and even some provocative questions, what turns you on? to encourage openness and honesty, Meredith said.
In the past, VOX has registered nearly 80 people to vote at the Voter Registration Drive, they have hosted a screening of the documentary No Woman, No Cry, that was attended by over 60 people and hosted a Super Sexy Honesty table that encouraged open conversation about sexual health and birth control.
Meredith said even though the group did not form until last semester, they did some successful events and they hope to continue this semester.
Sarah Dyke can be contacted at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- Marshall library celebrates Hispanic Heritage
- Don’t dominate to assert yourself
- COLUMN: The thin line between a prank and animal cruelty
- Child’s play isn’t simply pink and blue
- Marshall volleyball beats FIU
- Shaheen and LeMay to read from their work at Visiting Writers Series event
- SRC helps students avoid a midterm meltdown
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections