U.S. Dept. of State to offer informational session
The Marshall University Career Services is giving students a chance to put diplomacy in action. The United States Department of State is offering an informational session to Marshall students Wednesday.
The informational session will give students the opportunity to learn about internships and careers in foreign affairs with the U.S. Department of State.
The informational session will include a presentation by an ambassador and a recruiter for the U.S. Department of State.
The DOS is looking to share information about job descriptions in foreign affairs and target their message towards political science, international relations, world history, economics and foreign languages majors.
Kaitlyn Richmond, sophomore education major, said the event struck her interest.
Although I am an education major, I have thought about going to another country to teach or teach foreign students who come into the U.S., and this just seemed really interesting when I heard about it, Richmond said.
The U.S. Department of State, often referred to as the State Department, is the United States federal executive department that is responsible for international relations in the United States.
The department is located in Washington, D.C., where it operates the diplomatic missions of the U.S. abroad and controls most diplomacy efforts in the country.
The department is lead by the Secretary of State.
The info session is offered to any student who is interested in career opportunities in foreign affairs.
Debby Stoler, assistant director of development and outreach in Career Services, said the event is a great opportunity for a wide variety of Marshall students.
We want to offer students information and glimpses into a wide variety of careers while they are students here, Stoler said. Information sessions such as this one offer the opportunity to come and learn about companies, organizations and career paths.
The U.S. Department of State called upon Marshall to let them give the informational session.
This will be the first year the informational session has been given at Marshall.
We encourage any student who just wants to gather information or who is very intrigued by a career in foreign affairs, to attend the information session. Stoler said. There will be a time for questions and answers after the presentation, so students should feel free to ask for more information while they are here and accessible.
Stoler said the more information the students have, the better equipped they are to decide if a particular career might be right for them.
The United States Department of State information session will be in Room BE5 in the Memorial Student Center, Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Haylee Roberts can be contacted at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- COLUMN: As technology advances, so should privacy legislation
- Burying the blue dress means not talking about the blue dress
- Connecting your future
- Politicians to discuss sociopolitics at Tri-state Organization Conference
- Sex and Politics brings a crowd
- The living dead to be spotted on campus
- Herd men’s soccer plays Charlotte 49ers to draw
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”