Twitter and Instagram go head to head
Social networking sites have once again made the news, as if they were not already getting enough attention on a daily basis. This time it is a feud between Instagram and Twitter. Lets just say that if Instagram and Twitter had Facebook profiles, they would have terminated their friendship.
When an Instagram photo is shared on Twitter, you are no longer able to see the entire image from the original link to the tweet on mobile apps. As it now stands, Instagram photos included in tweets are cropped and appear improperly formatted on cell phones. Despite early speculation that the Twitter was to blame for the inconvenience after Twitter recently revoked Instagrams capability to find Twitter friends, it has been revealed that Instagram is the bully in this battle. And according to Instagram, they intend to continue to distance themselves from the Twitter.
Well, it sounds as though Instagram is getting a big head. The founder of Twitter, Kevin Systrom, is quoted as saying, A handful of months ago, we supported Twitter cards because we had a minimal web presence. Weve since launched several improvements to our website that allow users to directly engage with Instagram content through likes, comments, hashtags and now we believe the best experience is for us to link back to where the content lives.
So Instagram feels as though they have piggybacked Twitter for long enough and now they are ready to take on the worldwide web alone? Well, theyre not completely alone, because social media giant, Facebook, has recently purchased them. Could this affiliation have anything to do with their choice to pick on Twitter? It will be interesting to see who comes out on top.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- Catch up with Ketchum
- Maggie’s Lemonade Stand to be set up on MSC Plazas
- Bike thefts on the rise across campus
- New Red Cross app to help save lives
- Housing and Residence Life invites students to show their style
- The U2 Invasion: The new and improved type of advertising
- Risk of cold increases as temps decrease
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”
- CDA Launches New Digital Copper Learning Center