Twitter and Instagram go head to head
Social networking sites have once again made the news, as if they were not already getting enough attention on a daily basis. This time it is a feud between Instagram and Twitter. Lets just say that if Instagram and Twitter had Facebook profiles, they would have terminated their friendship.
When an Instagram photo is shared on Twitter, you are no longer able to see the entire image from the original link to the tweet on mobile apps. As it now stands, Instagram photos included in tweets are cropped and appear improperly formatted on cell phones. Despite early speculation that the Twitter was to blame for the inconvenience after Twitter recently revoked Instagrams capability to find Twitter friends, it has been revealed that Instagram is the bully in this battle. And according to Instagram, they intend to continue to distance themselves from the Twitter.
Well, it sounds as though Instagram is getting a big head. The founder of Twitter, Kevin Systrom, is quoted as saying, A handful of months ago, we supported Twitter cards because we had a minimal web presence. Weve since launched several improvements to our website that allow users to directly engage with Instagram content through likes, comments, hashtags and now we believe the best experience is for us to link back to where the content lives.
So Instagram feels as though they have piggybacked Twitter for long enough and now they are ready to take on the worldwide web alone? Well, theyre not completely alone, because social media giant, Facebook, has recently purchased them. Could this affiliation have anything to do with their choice to pick on Twitter? It will be interesting to see who comes out on top.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- Marshall library celebrates Hispanic Heritage
- Don’t dominate to assert yourself
- COLUMN: The thin line between a prank and animal cruelty
- Child’s play isn’t simply pink and blue
- Marshall volleyball beats FIU
- Shaheen and LeMay to read from their work at Visiting Writers Series event
- SRC helps students avoid a midterm meltdown
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections