The Irish Tenors bring sounds of Ireland to the Keith-Albee
The Irish Tenors thrilled the Keith-Albee Performing Arts Center on Monday. With over 200 attendees within the theater, the audience was swept away by the melodic songs of the world-famous music group.
The group is comprised of Finbar Wright, Anthony Kearns, and Ronan Tynan have been touring together as The Irish Tenors since 1998. They played at former president Ronald Regans funeral, and are considered one of the most successful Irish touring groups in the world.
Masters of their craft, The Irish Tenors played a mix of Irish and Celtic folk songs, exciting the crowd with their musical talents. Accompanied by the group was a full 30-piece orchestra, the group played a medley of songs, such as a rendition of Hallelujah.
I thought it was great, Evan Grover, a music performance sophomore at Marshall University, said. I love the mix of Celtic and new big band style.
The Tenors played a variety of songs, including a few hits by the late Andy Williams, such as Moon River and Dont Fence Me In.
I love the Irish folk music, and its been a great performance so far, Kevin Bailey, a music education sophomore, said. Bailey said Steven Lawson and Steve Hall were performing in the orchestra with the Tenors that night, and wanted to see them perform. I enjoyed the performance, Olivia Hay a violin performance freshman said. I loved the Irish Celtic music.
There was also a canned food drive at the performance for the Cridlin Food Pantry, with patrons bringing in non-perishable food to benefit the pantry. This performance is part of the Marshall Artist Series. The next performance will beEd Asner as FDR Jan. 30, 2013 at the Joan C. Edwards Performance Arts Center.
Tyrell Carlton can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- Relationships more than they seem?
- Recognizing coal mining as the crisis it really is in West Virginia
- Local deli combines art and food for a unique experience
- MLS can fill void with World Cup concluded
- H.A.R.T. continues summer season with the musical ‘Willy Wonka’
- MLB All-Star player selection process flawed?
- World Cup 2014 Finals: Column Germany vs. Argentina
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age