The Irish Tenors bring sounds of Ireland to the Keith-Albee
The Irish Tenors thrilled the Keith-Albee Performing Arts Center on Monday. With over 200 attendees within the theater, the audience was swept away by the melodic songs of the world-famous music group.
The group is comprised of Finbar Wright, Anthony Kearns, and Ronan Tynan have been touring together as The Irish Tenors since 1998. They played at former president Ronald Regans funeral, and are considered one of the most successful Irish touring groups in the world.
Masters of their craft, The Irish Tenors played a mix of Irish and Celtic folk songs, exciting the crowd with their musical talents. Accompanied by the group was a full 30-piece orchestra, the group played a medley of songs, such as a rendition of Hallelujah.
I thought it was great, Evan Grover, a music performance sophomore at Marshall University, said. I love the mix of Celtic and new big band style.
The Tenors played a variety of songs, including a few hits by the late Andy Williams, such as Moon River and Dont Fence Me In.
I love the Irish folk music, and its been a great performance so far, Kevin Bailey, a music education sophomore, said. Bailey said Steven Lawson and Steve Hall were performing in the orchestra with the Tenors that night, and wanted to see them perform. I enjoyed the performance, Olivia Hay a violin performance freshman said. I loved the Irish Celtic music.
There was also a canned food drive at the performance for the Cridlin Food Pantry, with patrons bringing in non-perishable food to benefit the pantry. This performance is part of the Marshall Artist Series. The next performance will beEd Asner as FDR Jan. 30, 2013 at the Joan C. Edwards Performance Arts Center.
Tyrell Carlton can be reached at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses