Sororities welcome 25 new Greeks on Bid Day
After a week of spring recruitment, Marshall University sororities welcomed their new members on Bid Day.
Sororities welcomed new members Sunday and made a day of it by celebrating. On Bid Day, potential new members got a call and were told they received a bid from a sorority. After getting the call, they went to the Memorial Student Center to receive and sign their bids from their chosen sorority. Some girls may have gotten more than one bid, but were only allowed to sign one bid to one sorority. A few hours later, the ladies were taken to their sororitys house or suite to surprise the sorority. The new members then celebrated with their new sorority and got their first sorority shirt. After, all the sororities met and chanted their sorority chants at the Student Center. A slideshow was shown of all the fun there was throughout the week of recruitment parties and pictures of each new member along with the name of the sorority they joined.
There were 25 new members welcomed to the Sorority Greek Community.
Spring recruitment went very well, the sororities all brought in great women, Megan Kelly, Greek advisor, said. Anytime we can bring new members into the Greek community is a success!
Kelly said she loves seeing each chapter grow every semester.
Spring recruitment was informal compared to fall recruitment.
Sigma Sigma Sigma and Alpha Chi Omega hit their total for Bid Day and Alpha Xi Delta and Delta Zeta will continue to have recruitment parties. Alpha Chi Omega took six new members, Alpha Xi Delta took three, Delta Zeta took eight and Sigma Sigma Sigma took eight.
I am very pleased with spring Bid Day. We welcomed 25 amazing new members into our growing Greek community, Abbi Woods, panhellenic recruitment executive, said. Now we are excited for an even bigger fall recruitment, Woods said.
Courtney Dotson can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- Marshall library celebrates Hispanic Heritage
- Don’t dominate to assert yourself
- COLUMN: The thin line between a prank and animal cruelty
- Child’s play isn’t simply pink and blue
- Marshall volleyball beats FIU
- Shaheen and LeMay to read from their work at Visiting Writers Series event
- SRC helps students avoid a midterm meltdown
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections