Sororities welcome 25 new Greeks on Bid Day
After a week of spring recruitment, Marshall University sororities welcomed their new members on Bid Day.
Sororities welcomed new members Sunday and made a day of it by celebrating. On Bid Day, potential new members got a call and were told they received a bid from a sorority. After getting the call, they went to the Memorial Student Center to receive and sign their bids from their chosen sorority. Some girls may have gotten more than one bid, but were only allowed to sign one bid to one sorority. A few hours later, the ladies were taken to their sororitys house or suite to surprise the sorority. The new members then celebrated with their new sorority and got their first sorority shirt. After, all the sororities met and chanted their sorority chants at the Student Center. A slideshow was shown of all the fun there was throughout the week of recruitment parties and pictures of each new member along with the name of the sorority they joined.
There were 25 new members welcomed to the Sorority Greek Community.
Spring recruitment went very well, the sororities all brought in great women, Megan Kelly, Greek advisor, said. Anytime we can bring new members into the Greek community is a success!
Kelly said she loves seeing each chapter grow every semester.
Spring recruitment was informal compared to fall recruitment.
Sigma Sigma Sigma and Alpha Chi Omega hit their total for Bid Day and Alpha Xi Delta and Delta Zeta will continue to have recruitment parties. Alpha Chi Omega took six new members, Alpha Xi Delta took three, Delta Zeta took eight and Sigma Sigma Sigma took eight.
I am very pleased with spring Bid Day. We welcomed 25 amazing new members into our growing Greek community, Abbi Woods, panhellenic recruitment executive, said. Now we are excited for an even bigger fall recruitment, Woods said.
Courtney Dotson can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- COLUMN: As technology advances, so should privacy legislation
- Burying the blue dress means not talking about the blue dress
- Connecting your future
- Politicians to discuss sociopolitics at Tri-state Organization Conference
- Sex and Politics brings a crowd
- The living dead to be spotted on campus
- Herd men’s soccer plays Charlotte 49ers to draw
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”