Sororities welcome 25 new Greeks on Bid Day
After a week of spring recruitment, Marshall University sororities welcomed their new members on Bid Day.
Sororities welcomed new members Sunday and made a day of it by celebrating. On Bid Day, potential new members got a call and were told they received a bid from a sorority. After getting the call, they went to the Memorial Student Center to receive and sign their bids from their chosen sorority. Some girls may have gotten more than one bid, but were only allowed to sign one bid to one sorority. A few hours later, the ladies were taken to their sororitys house or suite to surprise the sorority. The new members then celebrated with their new sorority and got their first sorority shirt. After, all the sororities met and chanted their sorority chants at the Student Center. A slideshow was shown of all the fun there was throughout the week of recruitment parties and pictures of each new member along with the name of the sorority they joined.
There were 25 new members welcomed to the Sorority Greek Community.
Spring recruitment went very well, the sororities all brought in great women, Megan Kelly, Greek advisor, said. Anytime we can bring new members into the Greek community is a success!
Kelly said she loves seeing each chapter grow every semester.
Spring recruitment was informal compared to fall recruitment.
Sigma Sigma Sigma and Alpha Chi Omega hit their total for Bid Day and Alpha Xi Delta and Delta Zeta will continue to have recruitment parties. Alpha Chi Omega took six new members, Alpha Xi Delta took three, Delta Zeta took eight and Sigma Sigma Sigma took eight.
I am very pleased with spring Bid Day. We welcomed 25 amazing new members into our growing Greek community, Abbi Woods, panhellenic recruitment executive, said. Now we are excited for an even bigger fall recruitment, Woods said.
Courtney Dotson can be contacted at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- Catch up with Ketchum
- Maggie’s Lemonade Stand to be set up on MSC Plazas
- Bike thefts on the rise across campus
- New Red Cross app to help save lives
- Housing and Residence Life invites students to show their style
- The U2 Invasion: The new and improved type of advertising
- Risk of cold increases as temps decrease
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”
- CDA Launches New Digital Copper Learning Center