SGA greets students with hot chocolate
Members of the Marshall University Student Government Association greeted students who arrived to campus early Tuesday with a free cup of hot chocolate.
Ashley Roberts, SGA historian, proposed the idea to SGA executives and organized the handouts as a way to advertise for Wednesdays Plane Crash Ceremony, increase the SGAs visibility, do something nice for students and encourage students to go to class.
Briana Wayland, junior business marketing major, said she was influenced to get to campus early and get her share of the free hot chocolate.
I usually get out of my apartment in just enough time to get to class but I got here early because the hot chocolate was ready ad waiting, Wayland said.
Ray Harrell Jr., student body president, said the event was designed to accomplish several things, but it was mainly intended to be a nice gesture from the SGA toward the students they serve.
Elisha Hassan, senate president pro tempore, said the smallest of gestures go a long way in improving each students day.
The senate is constantly working to benefit the student body, Hassan said. Many times small things like this get pushed aside due to more pressing issues, when the small things make a large impact for the students we serve.
According to Roberts, the SGA may continue to provide free hot chocolate to students in the morning based on the number of students who took a free cup of hot chocolate on Tuesday.
Sean DeLancey can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus