SGA greets students with hot chocolate
Members of the Marshall University Student Government Association greeted students who arrived to campus early Tuesday with a free cup of hot chocolate.
Ashley Roberts, SGA historian, proposed the idea to SGA executives and organized the handouts as a way to advertise for Wednesdays Plane Crash Ceremony, increase the SGAs visibility, do something nice for students and encourage students to go to class.
Briana Wayland, junior business marketing major, said she was influenced to get to campus early and get her share of the free hot chocolate.
I usually get out of my apartment in just enough time to get to class but I got here early because the hot chocolate was ready ad waiting, Wayland said.
Ray Harrell Jr., student body president, said the event was designed to accomplish several things, but it was mainly intended to be a nice gesture from the SGA toward the students they serve.
Elisha Hassan, senate president pro tempore, said the smallest of gestures go a long way in improving each students day.
The senate is constantly working to benefit the student body, Hassan said. Many times small things like this get pushed aside due to more pressing issues, when the small things make a large impact for the students we serve.
According to Roberts, the SGA may continue to provide free hot chocolate to students in the morning based on the number of students who took a free cup of hot chocolate on Tuesday.
Sean DeLancey can be contacted at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- Relationships more than they seem?
- Recognizing coal mining as the crisis it really is in West Virginia
- Local deli combines art and food for a unique experience
- MLS can fill void with World Cup concluded
- H.A.R.T. continues summer season with the musical ‘Willy Wonka’
- MLB All-Star player selection process flawed?
- World Cup 2014 Finals: Column Germany vs. Argentina
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest