Roe v. Wade still strong after 40 years
Tuesday marked the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court case resulting in the legalizing of abortion. The ruling states that laws violating a womans right to privacy are prohibited. Even though the decision was made lawful, the abortion debate is far from over.
Decades since the ruling was made, a very common argument in the world of politics is whether or not someone is pro-choice or pro-life. Each side has their argument fair enough, but that does not change the fact that the law says abortions are legal, and a woman has a right to decide what it done with her body, and no one else should be able to make this decision for her.
So why is it still an issue 40 years later? Why should a man care about what a woman they dont know does in her private life? It doesnt make sense.
If we take away a womans right to decide what to do with her own body, whats next? Taking away her other basic human rights? A man does not understand what its like to be in the position of a female during a pregnancy, so they should not pretend they know what it is like in her mind and make a decision for her.
Abortions are going to happen, legal or not, so think of it this way: would you rather an abortion be executed in a safe way, ensuring the safety of the woman? Or would you rather them try to find ways around an unconstitutional law and possibly harm themselves?
Instead of arguing about who should tell a female what she should do in case of an unplanned pregnancy, or any other issue not directly involving anyone else, let us celebrate the fact that they have this ability to choose and the ability to keep their personal lives out of the public eye.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses