Roe v. Wade still strong after 40 years
Tuesday marked the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court case resulting in the legalizing of abortion. The ruling states that laws violating a womans right to privacy are prohibited. Even though the decision was made lawful, the abortion debate is far from over.
Decades since the ruling was made, a very common argument in the world of politics is whether or not someone is pro-choice or pro-life. Each side has their argument fair enough, but that does not change the fact that the law says abortions are legal, and a woman has a right to decide what it done with her body, and no one else should be able to make this decision for her.
So why is it still an issue 40 years later? Why should a man care about what a woman they dont know does in her private life? It doesnt make sense.
If we take away a womans right to decide what to do with her own body, whats next? Taking away her other basic human rights? A man does not understand what its like to be in the position of a female during a pregnancy, so they should not pretend they know what it is like in her mind and make a decision for her.
Abortions are going to happen, legal or not, so think of it this way: would you rather an abortion be executed in a safe way, ensuring the safety of the woman? Or would you rather them try to find ways around an unconstitutional law and possibly harm themselves?
Instead of arguing about who should tell a female what she should do in case of an unplanned pregnancy, or any other issue not directly involving anyone else, let us celebrate the fact that they have this ability to choose and the ability to keep their personal lives out of the public eye.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- Basketball opens new season with Thundering Herd Madness
- The performing Herd: School of Music and Theatre presents classical symphony...
- Political leaders Herd on campus
- GAME PREVIEW: Florida Atlantic Owls
- MU Greeks make an IMPACT
- H.E.L.P. Program helping raise awareness for ADHD
- Body classifications are wrong no matter what size a person is
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR