Voting now available to choose Marco's new look
Between now and Aug. 10, Herd fans have the opportunity to choose the new look for Marco, which will debut at 2 p.m. Oct. 5 during Marshall’s homecoming game against University of Texas at San Antonio.
Matt Turner, chief of staff, said the current costume needs to be replaced because it is worn and damaged after five years of use.
“Fans love Marshall,” Turner said. Why not listen to them and see what they think?”
The first option is current Marco, the second is a partial makeover with hooves and fur-covered legs and the third is a complete makeover that more closely resembles the previous Marco.
The votes are cast through Marshall’s Facebook page. There can only be one vote per person. The option with the most votes will be announced Monday, Aug. 12.
Turner said the system used through the Facebook page, Meltwater Promos, has measures in place to assure fair voting.
After the decision has been announced, a winner will be selected from those that voted to receive four tickets to the game against Miami University on Saturday, Aug. 31, as well as four Marshall sweatshirts.
Turner said that updates will be available as the contest continues so voters can see which option is in the lead.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses