Voting now available to choose Marco's new look
Between now and Aug. 10, Herd fans have the opportunity to choose the new look for Marco, which will debut at 2 p.m. Oct. 5 during Marshall’s homecoming game against University of Texas at San Antonio.
Matt Turner, chief of staff, said the current costume needs to be replaced because it is worn and damaged after five years of use.
“Fans love Marshall,” Turner said. Why not listen to them and see what they think?”
The first option is current Marco, the second is a partial makeover with hooves and fur-covered legs and the third is a complete makeover that more closely resembles the previous Marco.
The votes are cast through Marshall’s Facebook page. There can only be one vote per person. The option with the most votes will be announced Monday, Aug. 12.
Turner said the system used through the Facebook page, Meltwater Promos, has measures in place to assure fair voting.
After the decision has been announced, a winner will be selected from those that voted to receive four tickets to the game against Miami University on Saturday, Aug. 31, as well as four Marshall sweatshirts.
Turner said that updates will be available as the contest continues so voters can see which option is in the lead.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care