Students offering gratitude during Thank-A-Donor Day
Students are invited to attend Thank-A-Donor Day Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Marshall University’s Foundation Hall across from Corbly Hall on the Fifth Avenue side of campus.
This event gives students an opportunity to thank those who have given money in support of student scholarships.
Students will be able to write thank you cards, take personal photos or record a personal video thanking a donor of their choice.
Career Services will also be available to assist students with their resumes. Students are asked to bring a copy on a jump drive or in their email inbox.
Students’ resumes will be included in the information that is sent to the donor, so students are able to make a good first impression prior to finishing college.
Arika Michaelis, junior music education major from Woodville, Ohio, plans to attend the event because she said she believes those who give money to worthy causes deserve to be recognized.
“I’m looking forward to the event because I will be able to show my appreciation to those who have given money to scholarships and I will also be able to improve my resume,” Michaelis said.
Anyone planning to attend the event is encouraged to wear Marshall green.
Alyssa Simon can be contacted at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses