Severe weather forecasted for the week
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has reported a rainy beginning to the week, followed by sunny and warm conditions for the remainder of the week.
NOAA has issued a hazardous weather outlook for Monday and Tuesday. Wet top soil increases the potential for water problems, which could lead to flood watches or flash flood watches for vulnerable areas. Late Monday storms also have the potential for strong winds and hail.
Monday will be rainy with a chance of showers before noon, and a chance of storms after 1 p.m. and a 100 percent chance of precipitation. Precipitation amounts are expected to be between one quarter and one half of an inch. Winds will blow at 10 to 16 mph, and temperatures may reach a high near 65 degrees. Storms may continue into the night with a 40 per- cent chance of precipitation and accumulation at less than one tenth of an inch.
Monday nighttime temperatures are expected to reach a low of about 45 degrees under mostly cloudy skies. Winds are expected southwest at 16 to 21 mph, reducing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight , with potential gusts up to 39 mph.
Showers may be present before 11 a.m. Tuesday, then a slight chance after 2 p.m. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent . Temperatures are expected to reach a high near 55 degrees. Nighttime chance of precipitation is expected at 40 percent; with showers occurring mainly after 11 p.m. Temperatures are expected to reach a low near 41 degrees.
Wednesday will break up the rainy weather with partly sunny skies and a high near 60 degrees and nighttime lows near 38 degrees. Night skies are expected to be mostly clear.
Sunny weather will continue into Thursday with sunny skies and a high near 73 degrees. Night skies will be mostly cloudy, and temperatures are expected to reach a low near 54 degrees.
Megan Osborne can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership