Severe weather forecasted for the week
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has reported a rainy beginning to the week, followed by sunny and warm conditions for the remainder of the week.
NOAA has issued a hazardous weather outlook for Monday and Tuesday. Wet top soil increases the potential for water problems, which could lead to flood watches or flash flood watches for vulnerable areas. Late Monday storms also have the potential for strong winds and hail.
Monday will be rainy with a chance of showers before noon, and a chance of storms after 1 p.m. and a 100 percent chance of precipitation. Precipitation amounts are expected to be between one quarter and one half of an inch. Winds will blow at 10 to 16 mph, and temperatures may reach a high near 65 degrees. Storms may continue into the night with a 40 per- cent chance of precipitation and accumulation at less than one tenth of an inch.
Monday nighttime temperatures are expected to reach a low of about 45 degrees under mostly cloudy skies. Winds are expected southwest at 16 to 21 mph, reducing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight , with potential gusts up to 39 mph.
Showers may be present before 11 a.m. Tuesday, then a slight chance after 2 p.m. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent . Temperatures are expected to reach a high near 55 degrees. Nighttime chance of precipitation is expected at 40 percent; with showers occurring mainly after 11 p.m. Temperatures are expected to reach a low near 41 degrees.
Wednesday will break up the rainy weather with partly sunny skies and a high near 60 degrees and nighttime lows near 38 degrees. Night skies are expected to be mostly clear.
Sunny weather will continue into Thursday with sunny skies and a high near 73 degrees. Night skies will be mostly cloudy, and temperatures are expected to reach a low near 54 degrees.
Megan Osborne can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- COLUMN: As technology advances, so should privacy legislation
- Burying the blue dress means not talking about the blue dress
- Connecting your future
- Politicians to discuss sociopolitics at Tri-state Organization Conference
- Sex and Politics brings a crowd
- The living dead to be spotted on campus
- Herd men’s soccer plays Charlotte 49ers to draw
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”