New Marshall student organization sells baked goods to raise funds
The Marshall University Japanese Tea Ceremony Club is selling baked goods Thursday in the Memorial Student Center.
The Japanese Tea Ceremony Club, a new club on campus, is selling a variety of traditional Japanese sweets raise money for the club.
We do traditional tea ceremonies, Christopher Leonard, senior Japanese major, said. Professor Zelli Rivas teaches how to perform ceremonies of receiving and drinking tea.
Assistant Professor Zelli Rivas has added much to the program, Natsuki Anderson, associate professor of Japanese, said. She is a great addition for us.
The bake sale includes Japanese traditional green tea, sweet bean pastries and Japanese rice balls.
Leonard said the tea is very bitter, and is usually consumed with a sweet before hand. I usually just drink it without it, Leonard said.
The club was started this semester, and all the proceeds for the club will be used to get necessary materials for the tea club. Those who want more information are asked to come to the modern language department on the seventh floor of Smith Hall.
Tyrell Carlton can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus