New Marshall student organization sells baked goods to raise funds
The Marshall University Japanese Tea Ceremony Club is selling baked goods Thursday in the Memorial Student Center.
The Japanese Tea Ceremony Club, a new club on campus, is selling a variety of traditional Japanese sweets raise money for the club.
We do traditional tea ceremonies, Christopher Leonard, senior Japanese major, said. Professor Zelli Rivas teaches how to perform ceremonies of receiving and drinking tea.
Assistant Professor Zelli Rivas has added much to the program, Natsuki Anderson, associate professor of Japanese, said. She is a great addition for us.
The bake sale includes Japanese traditional green tea, sweet bean pastries and Japanese rice balls.
Leonard said the tea is very bitter, and is usually consumed with a sweet before hand. I usually just drink it without it, Leonard said.
The club was started this semester, and all the proceeds for the club will be used to get necessary materials for the tea club. Those who want more information are asked to come to the modern language department on the seventh floor of Smith Hall.
Tyrell Carlton can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership