MU point guard Canty ruled ineligible
The NCAA ruled against Marshall University mens basketball player Kareem Canty and his eligibility for this season.
The ruling handed down Thursday prevents Canty from practicing and competing with the Herd this season. He will remain on an academic scholarship and after the completion of the spring 2013 semester he can rejoin the team.
Canty, a 6-foot-1 freshman from Harlem, N.Y., said via Twitter, he wanted to thank all of the Herd fans for everything.
Ranked 25th best point guard, according to Rivals.com, in his class, Canty said via Twitter, this is one of the toughest times for him.
The Parthenon can be contacted at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...