MU point guard Canty ruled ineligible
The NCAA ruled against Marshall University mens basketball player Kareem Canty and his eligibility for this season.
The ruling handed down Thursday prevents Canty from practicing and competing with the Herd this season. He will remain on an academic scholarship and after the completion of the spring 2013 semester he can rejoin the team.
Canty, a 6-foot-1 freshman from Harlem, N.Y., said via Twitter, he wanted to thank all of the Herd fans for everything.
Ranked 25th best point guard, according to Rivals.com, in his class, Canty said via Twitter, this is one of the toughest times for him.
The Parthenon can be contacted at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- Relationships more than they seem?
- Recognizing coal mining as the crisis it really is in West Virginia
- Local deli combines art and food for a unique experience
- MLS can fill void with World Cup concluded
- H.A.R.T. continues summer season with the musical ‘Willy Wonka’
- MLB All-Star player selection process flawed?
- World Cup 2014 Finals: Column Germany vs. Argentina
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age