Marshall University Tutoring Center offering free peer tutoring to students
Now that the fall semester is two weeks underway, the Marshall University Tutoring Center has started to offer its services to students who have found themselves struggling with classwork and need a helping hand.The Tutoring Center offers free peer tutoring to part time and full time students at Marshall. Tutoring is available in five main categories: Business, math, modern languages, science, and social science/miscellaneous. There is also help offered in more specific and high-demand courses.The Tutoring Center is organized by a drop-in appointment schedule. These schedules contain the individual courses for each subject, the time tutoring will be provided, along with the name of the tutor. Drop-in tutoring is unlimited and based on a first-come, first-serve basis. Schedules are posted online and inside of the Tutoring Center.A student may also request individual tutoring sessions by appointment, but the center requires a minimum of a one-hour session for each appointment and restricts the weekly use of the center by appointment to two hours per course and two courses per week.Patricia Gallagher, academic counselor at the University College, said there is one thing she stresses above anything else.“Do not use the Tutoring Center as a last resort or wait until midterms come around to use the center,” Gallagher said. “You feel like you are struggling, come see us. The Tutoring Center is not just for struggling students, but can make the difference between an A or a B.”The Tutoring Center is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays throughout the fall semester.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses