Marshall takes page from popular blog for latest student activity
Marshall University students stopped by the PostSecret table at the Memorial Student Center, Thursday, to enter their secrets into the box.
Each secret was confidential, and handfuls were periodically taken out and posted on a board for everyone to read as they walked by.
This activity is a way to promote student involvement and get anyone on campus to participate, Andrea Cline, a 20-year-old exercise physiology major, said.
She said the PostSecret activity is one that has been done on campus before and they wanted to bring it back.
The popular PostSecret trademark inspired this event and was hosted by the Campus Activities Board.
Frank Warren started PostSecret as a way for people to mail in postcards with their honest secrets that they have never told anyone, and to be able to communicate it. It has grown into a website where new postcards are posted every week, along with several books. The sharing of all the postcards has also been a way for people to find anonymous advice from others cards.
Makenzee Ruley, a 20-year-old criminal justice and biology major, said she sees the activity the same way.
Opening up is not something that is seen as socially acceptable, Ruley, a member of the CAB who helped with the project, said. This exercise is a way for them to have an outlet without feeling insecure about their secrets.
The secrets were open to be anything that students wanted to express.
No matter if the secrets are funny, serious or whatever, this is a way to make it okay to say them, Ruley said.
The notecards containing the secrets could be decorated any way that the participants wanted to, making each one even more personal.
Jessica Ramey can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- Basketball opens new season with Thundering Herd Madness
- The performing Herd: School of Music and Theatre presents classical symphony...
- Political leaders Herd on campus
- GAME PREVIEW: Florida Atlantic Owls
- MU Greeks make an IMPACT
- H.E.L.P. Program helping raise awareness for ADHD
- Body classifications are wrong no matter what size a person is
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR