DOING IT THEIR WAY
Lexington-based country duo Sundy Best celebrated the release of their new album “Bring Up the Sun” Saturday with a packed show at the V Club in Huntington.
The band filled almost two hours with material from the new album and fan favorites from its debut album “Door Without a Screen.” The enthusiastic and rowdy crowd left little wiggle room on the dance floor, filling the venue to near capacity.
“It is a whirlwind,” Nick Jamerson, guitarist, said. “We never expected things to happen so quickly. But we’re always ready when the opportunities arise. That’s why we’re in this thing.”
Sundy Best said its recent success is thanks to original, heartfelt songwriting and a dedicated fan base. The band’s heavy social media presence and good old-fashioned elbow grease hasn’t hurt either.
“We want to make the best music we can,” Jamerson said. “We’re working hard and striving to get better every day. We don’t take days off.”
Originally from the small eastern Kentucky town of Prestonsburg, Sundy Best knows its roots and cherishes the rich musical history of the area.
“We are just fortunate to have grown up in an area that makes music a priority,” Jamerson said. “Not many people are that lucky. When this is all said and done, we hope to make the area as proud of us as we are of it.”
The music itself draws more from classic rock legends like the Eagles and Tom Petty than modern country stars like Garth Brooks or Alan Jackson, and audiences have welcomed the refreshing sound.
“People will always be receptive to authentic, genuine material,” Jamerson said. “There’s a lot of different ways to make it in this business, we’re just doing it our way.”
On top of the album release and rising momentum in the music world, Sundy Best received even more good news when they were asked to perform “My Old Kentucky Home” at Rupp Arena for the University of Kentucky men’s basketball team senior night Tuesday.
“One of, if not the coolest thing we’ve ever done,” Jamerson said. “We never dreamt of getting that opportunity. We’re hug UK fans, so being included in that way was really a dream come true.”
Mark Williams can be contacted at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections