Herd inept on offense
Saturday nights 69-63 win over a Coppin State squad with one win on the season, only continued to show the inept ability for the Herd to produce offensively. Marshalls last four opponents, Coppin State, West Virginia, University of North Carolina Wilmington and Morehead State have a combined record of seven games under .500. In those four games the Herd has mustered an average of 64.75 per game.
Now if we are talking golf, then shooting a 64 would be a pleasant walk into the clubhouse followed by a cold one.
However, that is not the circumstance.
The Thundering Herd shot a dismal 12-38 from the field in the first half, including 2-16 from three-point range.
The Herd struggled mightily throughout the contest to finish around the basket, missing double-digit shots in the paint.
We still can not put the ball in the basket around the game, Head Coach Tom Herrion said. Its just killing us early in the game.
Marshalls inability to finish looked like a couple of Parthenon staffers trying to make a layup in a game against WMUL and that includes myself.
Maybe it is the struggle to get into a flow offensively that affects other aspects of the game.
Kareem Cantys ineligibility to play this season might have been something the Herd was banking on, but it didnt happen. Herrion has been trying to put together the puzzle with the point guard position as at times five different players have handled the duty, Kane, Chris Martin, D.D. Scarver, DeVince Boykins and Tamron Manning.
DeAndre Kane sits five points away from passing Los Angeles Lakers Head Coach Mike DAntoni for 30th all-time in Marshall scoring. Saturdays game marked the fourth consecutive contest at the Cam Henderson Center the Herd faced an opponent with blue uniforms.
Three positives for the Herrions team; back to dominating the boards, full court pressure zone and 6-6 from the free throw line when it counted.
Marshall is going to need some more positives before it heads Charleston on Saturday for the second time in as many weeks to battle the 11th ranked Cincinnati Bearcats.
Jeremy Johnson can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections