Career Services offers opportunities through JobTrax
Marshall Universitys Career Services gives students many opportunities to be successful in their majors and future career goals.
JobTrax lists open job positions for students, alumni and faculty. It is free for both students to register for jobs and for employers to post jobs.
JobTrax offers full-time and part-time jobs as well as internships for students.
Denise Hogsett, director of Career Services, said JobTrax lists over 2000 employers, both national and international.
There are over 7000 students and alumni that have used this to find jobs and internships, Hogsett said.
A program that is new to JobTrax is the faculty portal.
We have had a portal for students and alumni as well as employers, but something new to our program is the faculty portal. Marshall faculty can go to JobTrax and register for their own account and look at employers that are registered on the site. It also offers faculty the ability to see career outlooks, what the median salary is and objectives and goals of that career as well, Stoler said.
Many professors on campus have used JobTrax as an informational tool in their classrooms to help students figure out what is out there for their careers and the outlooks of selected careers.
If a student were to speak up and say I really want to do this with my career but I dont know what the salary is or whether or not there is anything out there available, the professor can offer an additional resource to help students succeed in their preferred area of study and future career goals, Stoler said.
Ashley Johnson, freshman nursing major, said she has heard about JobTrax a few times in her classes.
My first semester, my first year seminar professor explained a lot of different resources that Marshall offered to us and there were so many, I cant remember them all, but JobTrax is one I do remember, Johnson said. When he explained what it did for us and how it would help us find jobs, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders because I am now trying to find a job outside of Marshall and I had no clue where to start until I remembered about JobTrax.
Career Services plans to offer career webinars in the Career Services, Feb. 27, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The webinars will include job searches and the seven success secrets every college student needs to know why should I hire you, from graduation to corporation, roadmap to entrepreneurial success, the secret to getting a job after college, getting to the top and ROI resumes.
JobTrax allows students to stay organized, streamline searches by applying filters based on the preferred industry as well as create a job search agent that notifies each time a new job that meets interests is posted to the site.
Haylee Roberts can be contacted at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- Body classifications are wrong no matter what size a person is
- Writing from experience
- COLUMN: Holliday leading revival of Marshall football
- Herd football gets All-Access treatment
- Herd football gets All-Access treatment
- HVZ: Looking for reinforcements
- Marshall University health officials are ready to take on flu season
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”