Career Services braces for Career Expo with preparatory events
It is that time of year again, the last stretch of the spring semester, when students begin the search for summer internships and job opportunities to find what career they want to pursue.
Marshall University Career Services is preparing for next week’s Career Expo with pre-expo events happening this week.
Career Services will have a Resume Doctor Thursday and Friday and an Expo Prep Open House April 1, where students can get advice on how to be successful at the Career Expo, April 2.
The Resume Doctor will help students prepare for the Career Expo with help on resumes, a thirty second commercial and how to work the expo.
The Expo Prep Open House will also provide resume help with printing on professional resume paper and tips on achieving success at the Career Expo.
Deborah Stoler, assistant director of development and outreach in Career Services, said the events offer networking opportunities.
“This is an incredible networking opportunity for those students seeking internships or about to enter the full-time workforce,” Stoler said.
More than 80 companies, representing different industries, will be represented at the Career Expo next week.
“Students can make great contacts and collect business cards that may benefit them now and in the future,” Stoler said.
The event will offer full-time, part-time and internship employment opportunities in healthcare, management, IT, sales, financial services, state and federal government, law enforcement and corrections, non profit and many other fields.
Denise Hogsett, Career Services director, said the event will give students opportunities in the workforce.
“This event is a wonderful opportunity for students seeking entry level or relevant internship positions to network with a room full of potential employers,” Hogsett said.
Stoler said students should dress professionally, as if going to an interview, and bring multiple copies of their resume to give to employers.
Something new to the Career Expo will be a free photo booth where students can take a head shot photo to use as a professional image.
All photos will be uploaded to the student’s JobTrax account and can also be used for LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts that could be accessed by employers during the employment process.
Professional dress is strongly encouraged for the photo.
The Resume Doctor will be in the Memorial Student Center lobby Thursday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Expo Prep Open House will be in the Career Services building, April 1 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Career Expo will be in the Memorial Student Center, April 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Haylee Roberts can be contacted at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
- COLUMN: As technology advances, so should privacy legislation
- Burying the blue dress means not talking about the blue dress
- Connecting your future
- Politicians to discuss sociopolitics at Tri-state Organization Conference
- Sex and Politics brings a crowd
- The living dead to be spotted on campus
- Herd men’s soccer plays Charlotte 49ers to draw
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”