CAAS to serve up soul food Sunday
The Center for African American Students will sponsor its annual Soul Food Feast at 2 p.m. Sunday in the John Marshall Dining Room.
“It is a joyful time to celebrate the spirit of love, while enjoying the company and conversation with family, friends, faculty, university students and others from throughout the community, enhanced by some of the most appetizing and traditional African American dishes,” Maurice Cooley, associate vice president for Intercultural Affairs and director of CAAS, said in a press release.
A variety of traditional soul food such as fried chicken, chittlins, cornbread, collard greens, barbeque ribs, candied yams, macaroni and cheese and potato salad will be served. Beverages and desserts will also be available.
The event costs $7 for students and $15 for adults. Tickets can be purchased at the door or prior to the event.
The Parthenon can be contacted at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More marshallparthenon News Articles
Recent marshallparthenon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MARSHALLPARTHENON NEWS
RECENT MARSHALLPARTHENON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care